I was messing with my palm today and realized it needed an update really bad. I hadn't given it an update previous to today because I forgot my cable, but it needed an update. I found out that my laptop has an infrared port right on the front. If you don't know, most palm pilots use infrared to transfer and receive data. So I thought I'd try having my palm talk to my computer thrgouh this infrared port on the front. I ran into problems straight away. My computer was picking up a signal, but my palm wouldn't connect. So I messed with the settings on both devices and...presto...right? Not! I still couldn't get anything. I worked for a couple more minutes and by the end I had both of them talking. I was pretty extatic that I got it to work all by myself. Now I am able to update it whenever I want! :)
4 comments:
Good for you!!! I am glad you are able to figure such things out. It will help you on your mission to be able to be self sufficient. Love you!!!!
The problem may have been that the laptop smokes grass!!! (No one will get that but you) Good job on figuring it out.
Very cool. I never used the infrared on my old laptop. Never had an appropriate accessory. Way to go problem-solving your way through it.
OK. It is past 8pm yesterday and I see nothing funny--- unless the joke was on me. tee hee
adios and carbolic acid.
Post a Comment