Sunday, September 28, 2008

Finally!!

I have been eating cafeteria food for the past month and it gets old eating pasta every nite (yes I spelled that wrong on purpose) because every other choice is disgusting. But finally, today, I was not only able to eat something else for a change, but I was also able to help prepare it. I went over to my "Lovell Friend's" house and helped cook stew and bread. The meal was sure a welcomed change from cafeteria food. We had about 20 people there in that tiny apartment, but it was a blast and the food was great. We also watched "Emperor's New Groove", as well. I like that movie. Now I'm just wishing I had a kitchen, but that is what I get for living in the dorms. I can't complain, though, since it is free.

8 comments:

cmc said...

I am glad you have the Lovell friend and can do things like that. I hear you went to the temple in Denver. Good for you. You are getting a lot of good experience for your mission. Love you!!!

clcphd said...

How about a George Foreman grill? I use mine for everything from paninis (grilled sandwiches) to vegetables. You could put your veggie and your meat on at the same time....or do they bust you for cooking in the dorms. MamaN is the dorm police from way back - ask her. She will know all the tricks.

cmc said...

Your dorm and meals aren't exactly "free". You worked mighty hard for them.

MamaN said...

I think you could get away with a Foreman thing IF you only cook with your door close/window open, don't brag about it, and store it outta sight.
But hey,,, there are PLENTY of things you can make in the microwave-even meatloaf, bacon, poached eggs, TONS OF STUFF! There's always ramen ramen ramen!

Mom said...

So the food you are getting in the cafeteria is worth $4361.00. Granted, it was paid by scholarships, but all of us are paying that with our tax dollars. You better eat up!!! (and make "cup" cakes and hot chocolate in your room--- and visit "friend from Lovell" from time to time.)

clcphd said...

Do they have fresh salads and things at the cafeteria? Do real men eat salads? You can spend my tax dollars on veggies (fresh or cooked) - they make a great meal and you can eat a ton of them before you hit calorie overload. Then, you don't have to worry about the mystery meat.

The Architect said...

yeah, they serve salad and I do eat some every now and then. I usually avoid the mystery meat by eating a lot of pasta. I'll take the cooked vegies, but the fresh ones are really dry and hard to swallow.

MamaN said...

they serve a variety of things there. The only way I was able to survive college cafeteria food was to try everything once and find the 2-3 good things and stick to those. In my cafeteria there was always cereal! If they were serving something that was just yucky, I would have cereal!
love you